Lura and Cap Crossley started the Marin Unit in 1952 and held the first duplicate games in Marin at the Jewish Community Center on Mission Street in San Rafael.
Lura started the Crossley Bridge Club in the mid-1950s and taught and ran games at the Jewish Center, The Marin Art and Garden Center, Tiburon Tommies as well as at her home at 15 Via Cheparro in Greenbrae. She continued running those games into the 1960s and also started games in Novato at the Community Center.
In the late sixties she moved to 714 C Street in San Rafael and combined her games into the first Crossley Bridge Center. In 1971 she rented and later purchased the Greenbrae Rod and Gun Club at 18 Greenbrae Boardwalk in Greenbrae, where the Crossleys continue to operate the Crossley Bridge Center offering bridge lessons and bridge tournaments for players of all levels.